Friday, March 23, 2012

DMV

We've all been there. We've all had to experience the horror and frustration that is the DMV. That dreaded edifice of monotony. It seems to suck on our very souls, as we sit, waiting on the creaky, old, orange plastic chairs. Try as it might, the cell phone is only so interesting for so long, and while it's powers of distraction are formidable, it cannot hold back the boredom forever.
At least, that was how I remembered the DMV when I went in today to renew my licence.

I walked in the building, with every bit of paperwork I thought I might need tucked into my purse, and my phone in hand to curb the boredom. No more than five minutes later, I was half way through a level of Where's my Water and my number was called out.
What? This can't be right. I looked at the clock, it had only been a few minutes. I glanced at the number above the young lady looking around for the next person to help, and it was mine!
With the speed of an African cheetah the pretty blonde had all my info in the computer, took a new photo, and gave me my temporary paper copy (until my official license comes in the mail in approximately seven to ten business days), and sent me out the door.
I stood just out the door, green tinted temporary ID in hand, and looked around almost shell shocked.
I'm not sure what happened to the DMV, but to whom ever made the changes, can I please shake your hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment