Friday, March 23, 2012

Silly Boy

A shy little boy, about four years old walked up to my counter at work, holding his fathers hand for dear life.
"Go on." His dad prompted. "Ask her."
I smiled my most non-threatening smile. "What can I do for you honey?"
"Um... Do you.. do you have any owls around here." He said softly.
"Owls?" I grinned at him, and looked up at his dad, unsure how my answer would affect the timid little boy.
"Is he afraid of Owls?" I asked his dad quietly.
He smiled broadly. "No, he likes them."
"Well in that case--" I turned back to the boy "--We have quite a few of them around here, but they're afraid of people, so if you're very quiet, and look very carefully you might be able to see them.
The little boys eye grew wide with excitement and anticipation. "Oh! Thank you!"
"You're very welcome. Goodbye now." I giggled.
"Bye!"
I watching him walk out the door, asking his dad if he would help him look for owls on the way to the car.
Kids are silly, but at least they know what they do, and do NOT like.

No comments:

Post a Comment