Friday, March 2, 2012

Wet Peanut

I can picture it in my mind, the store I work at. The fresh wet smell still lingers though it has been over a week since they repainted the walls. There was an attempt at offsetting the bright red, by painting the opposite walls slate grey. Unfortunately the end result was more smoky bar, than welcoming convenience store. 
From behind the register I can see the coolers. Milk water, energy drinks, pop, and beer, all tucked in to their fridges at a nice crisp thirty two degrees. Assorted snacks, and household sundries are scattered through out, with an full wall devoted entirely to a variety of truck driver needs.
Over all of that hovers the smell of fryer food, a sort of wet peanut smell, which disturbingly enough tends to follow me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment